Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Helvetica

Helvetica was in terms of subject matter a rather interesting film. Like most people, I don't pay a whole lot attention to all the different fonts used in advertisements. Not consciously, anyway. I had no idea there was such a universal font used with so many corporate ads, logos, etc. Admittedly, after the film I started noticing the differences throughout the world. Even now that I have somewhat reverted back to my usual state of mind, I still occasionally see differentiating font designs. I feel that the dilemma presented in the film that deals with the lack of new ideas via font design sort of applies to the art world in general. There seems a stop on the progression of style and originality. It's a frantic thought that there may be no more room for progress in art.
As far as the film itself goes, I felt a little bored as time progressed. I personally do not take much interest in graphic design or electronic and digital media in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment